You are warmly welcome from this blog ^_^

~~~~~~~~~ You are warmly welcome from this blog ^_^ This blog is simply collections of my favourites and most are not my own writing . Enjoy :) ~~~~~~~~~


Saturday, July 11, 2009

Learn to Accept and Express Feelings

The following 10 poems are taking from my “Ethics Text Book”, (Chapter 10). Hope, you can learn how to express your feeling sometime ...enjoy them 

1. I FEEL LONELY
I feel lonely
So terribly lonely

I want to run away
From this aching void

I long to reach out and touch someone
And to be touched

My heart is thirsty
I feel like a barren wasteland
Giving nothing, getting nothing
Meaning nothing to anyone

My days are utterly lonely
I dread facing the night lonely

I try to forget my troubles
In work, in pleasure, in music
Try to get attention
Put on a brave smile
But nothing works
The empty hours drag on
Followed by more empty hours …

Is this the way you feel when you feel lonely???


2. I AM ANGRY

I feel so upset, so angry
Almost out of control

I didn’t know I could be so angry
I am consumed by rage
I sweat, I shake, my voice trembles

I wish I could give vent to my anger
Scream to my heart’s content

I am upset, annoyed, and angry
More angry than I can put into words
I want to knock someone down… beat him black and blue
I feel like murdering someone…

Have you experienced feelings like these?
How do you deal with these feelings?
How do you deny them?
How do you repress them?
How do you accept them and control them?


3. ANXEITY:

I am anxious, troubled, and restless
My heart is heavy
My body tense, my hands cold and sweaty
My speech is rushed
Trying to say a hundred things at once
I want to rush here and there
Reach out to all the answers I need
Look for peace
My in most being carves for
In my anxious search
I fret and fume
And run around in circles…
I feel helpless, hopeless, lost….

4.SLEEPLESS NIGHT

I cannot sleep tonight
I toss about in bed

The night seems endless
The minutes feel like hours
And the hours drag on, heavy with fatigue
I am exhausted
I feel restless
I would give anything for sleep

Did you ever experience a sleepless night?


5. MY BODY

I think of the pleasures
I have experienced
Through my body…
The taste of food
The beauty of nature
The feel of things
The closeness of others:
Gentle care and reassuring warmth:
And intimate tenderness
Without the need of words

The hungers
The fatigue after work
The pain of injury
And illness
The ache of parting

Do I look nice?
Attractive?
Am I too tall,
Too short?
Too fast?
Too lean?
Too dark?
Too fair?
Am I losing my charm as I age?

How will I face pain?
How will I die?

6. I AM IN LOVE

I find myself in love

I feel so alive
I feel strong
I feel tender

I understand the beauty of tears
The pain of separation
And I ache and long for you
I feel you in my heart
I feel your presence intensely

I feel treasured and cared for
I feel a new aliveness
A new respect and reverence for myself
I am in love with life
Close to all that lives
And closer than ever to you

I feel like singing
I feel like shouting
I feel healed of a thousand hurts

Thank you for the beauty
We have discovered in each other
The sparkle in the eye
The little gestures of tenderness
The warm glow on the face
The radiance that come from within

7. MY SEXUALITY


My whole being reminds me-
Gently or not so gently –
That I am sexual
Deeply and beautifully sexual

I have suffered guilt and shame
Embarrassment and fear
Imagining that I was strange
When I was just being human

I am born
Through the tender passion
Of a man and a woman

My sexual nature
Makes me intimately related…
Mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters
Adoring grand parents
Huggable babies…
The beauty of our lives
Flows from our sexual nature

It pulls us out of ourselves
And makes us present to one another
Intensely, tenderly, passionately

Let’s open our eyes
To the beauty of sexuality
The mystery of human love
The power and fragility of all that is human

8. I AM NERVOUS

I feel so nervous
I feel it here in the pit of my stomach
In my head, in my skin
In this disconcerting tightness

My overworked fantasy
Paints pictures of failure
Scenarios of shame
Everyone laughs at me
They make me nervous
I feel I can’t face it

I am afraid of failure
I dread making mistakes
I imagine
Others will laugh at me
That I can’t face

How easily I forget
That I am only human

I sense dimly, in my better moments
That it is I who frighten myself
I let my imagination
Paint pictures of doom,
And before I realize it,
I take these to be facts.

9. UNJUST TREATEMENT

I did not expect that people I trusted
Would turn against me
This is a bitter pill to swallow
A very bitter pill indeed

May this pain teach me thoughtfulness
and make me wise, not bitter

May my wounds never blind me
to the needs of the truly wounded …
or to the beauty of nature
or the goodness of people –
to my own capacity to harvest joy
from this field of pain…

10. LEARN TO FORGIVE

There are angry days
When I feel revengeful
When I would gladly lash out
And hurt those who hurt me

There is more anger in me
Than others normally see
I am shocked at the rage
I am capable of
I fume at others
And then hate myself for hating those I love
I have been angry at those I hold dear
And nurtured hurts caused by loved ones
But if I can forgive
I can rise above my anger
I can be stronger than evil
Let me learn to forgive
It is in pardoned
It is in forgiving
We find our human nature
A forgiving and healing love
Shows us who we are
Vessels of clay holding divine power

I have fallen more times
Than I care to admit
I have received loving pardon
So let me learn to forgive
Let me become more deeply human
That I may know the joy
Of forgiving form my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

.